Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tippy Tuesday

The reason I chose the vet I did when I got Tippy was because they're open 24 hours for emergencies.  The bad thing about that is when you have a scheduled appointment, you can very easily get booted if an emergency comes in.  Which is what happened when Tippy had her annual appointment last week.  Her appointment was scheduled at 6pm so I decided to get there at 5:45 in hopes of getting out early so I could get home and cut the grass.  However, when I got there, they told me that a couple of emergencies just came in and with only one doctor working, I would need to wait until she could get them stable.  I did not mind waiting at all because I was thankful that Tippy was only there to get her shots and not because of something worse and also, if that were Tippy in need of emergency medical attention, I would hope that the people in the waiting room would be patient so that my Tippy could get the help she needed.  So since we waited for almost 2 hours, we decided to make the most of our time and have a little photo session.  Be prepared, you're about to embark on 37 photos of Tippy at the vet.  AKA, the most pics I've ever posted in a one blog. 

Uh oh, she knows she's been here before, hence the tail tucked between the legs.


Don't do it, Tippy!  Don't jump!  It's not worth it!


She's gonna have some shots....and we're not talking tequila shots.


Aaaaaand get her anal glands squeezed. :(


Oops, I didn't mean for Tippy to hear that part.  I hadn't broken the news to her just yet.


Ruh-Roh, Raggy


What do you do when you're bored in the exam room?  You read the signs posted on the wall.


If I had a pen on me, I soooo would've written Tippy 's name on this one.


By this point, Tippy didn't think it was gonna happen so she made herself comfortable and laid down.  The shaking even stopped at this point.


Then we both made ourselves comfy.


Tryin to wake us up!


People tell me she has my nose.


Tippy was not in a mood for kisses.


Or smiling for the camera.


THERE'S that smile! :)


Yep, you're gonna need a teeth cleanin' sometime this year. 


I just can't get enough of this shot.


Umm....Tippy, can you? Your butt.  Just.  Turn around.


Much better.


Is that the doctor coming?????


SYKE!  Even Tippy looks disappointed.


Give mama kisses?


No, mama, but I'm gonna put my cheek in front of your face so you'll give ME kisses!


Just when I thought she was camera shy.....


Kisses....


Kisses....


And more kisses.


Ok. She's done.


But I'm not!


After the make-out session, we watched for shadows of foot steps under the door.


And tried to entertain ourselves a little longer.


Tippy's itty bitty head would make a good eye patch.


Footsteps???


Wrong again. 


Our noses aren't the only thing we have in common.


*sigh*


An hour and 45 minutes later, she had 2 shots, heart worm test, nails clipped and anal glands squeezed.  I gave her a thumbs up but Tippy gave a "That B&#*@ ain't comin' back, is she?" 


So that was our trip to the vet.  And you're welcome.  I may have to post these on facebook since I have more than enough to call it an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment