We started out with a plain ole' gourd.
Then I brushed on the orange paint in downward brush strokes.
She showed us a technique (sorry, I forgot what she called it) where you pick up another color on one side of the brush and create a palette.
Using the palette, I created streaks, equally spread apart.
Next, was the leaf. I first painted the leaf a solid green (that's one step I forgot to capture). Then I used the same technique as above with 2 different greens.
Then I applied it to the leaf.
Time for the face! (Again, I forgot to take out the camera for a couple of these steps.) We had shapes cut out for the eyes and nose and we traced them on our pumpkins with chalk then free-handed the smile. Once I got everything drawn on, we began painting.....the most nerve-racking part of the whole project!
We added a few more details to make it pop a little more. But wait! I'm not finished yet!
The is the pumpkin that the instructor painted. It's a tad bit better than mine....haha.