Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I WON $1,000!!!!

What a day I've had! I won $1,000 on Kidd Kraddick in the Morning! I'm still in total shock! I have to start by saying that I have been a HUGE fan of the show for about 4 or 5 years. I'm a fan of everyone on the show. They have some of the funniest bits ever and I also love the fact that they cover celebrity gossip. If you've never heard of the show before, it's a nationally syndicated radio show out of Dallas and they have A-list celebrities on all the time. I can go on and on about them but enough about them, let's talk about me! lol.

I entered this contest they were having called Free Money Name Game. Every day they randomly pick 2 letters and if they are your initials (forwards or backwards), then you can enter to win $1,000. I was sitting there listening to the show and all of a sudden, I heard Kidd Kraddick say "S-V. If those are your initials, you can enter to win $1,000!" I panicked and immediately logged on and entered.

Later that day around 3pm, I got a call from a phone screener from the show. She told me I was in the running to win and she needed some info. Then she said, "So HYPOTHETICALLY, if we called you in the morning, what is the best number where we can reach you?" And she made a point to tell me to MAKE SURE I was by my phone between 7:20-10am central time (8:20 our time). From the way she was talking to me, it was like she said everything BUT "you won!" For obvious reasons, they can't tell me that I won.

When I hung up the phone, I was flipping out! I became all flustered, flushed, and my knee caps were shaking. Yeah, I was excited that there was a reeeally good possibility that I was going to win a grand, but even more excited that I was going to get to talk to the cast of the radio show that I love so much! Call me crazy but that's how much I love this show! Winning $1,000 would just be the icing on the cake!

So the next morning rolls around and I leave the house early because I had to make a pit stop at Wal-Mart before I went to work. I was pulling in Wal-Mart and my phone rang and it was them. Wait a minute! They're early! I told everyone to listen at 8:20 and it was only 7:45! So I answer and it's another phone screener. Once again, he said I was in the running and he was just trying to get a couple people on the line. Come on, already! I know you can't tell me I won but this is getting a bit ridiculous! So he goes over the rules: 1) Don't give any shout-outs 2) If they ask what I plan on doing with the money, don't say "pay bills" but something more creative like go to the spa or go on a vacation with my husband or boyfriend (ha! I found that humorous) 3) Act excited and 4) Don't cuss. Again, why would they tell me all that if I was just "in the running". Keep in mind I'm sitting in my car in Wal-Mart parking lot during all this because I didn't want to go inside Wal-Mart and start screaming because I won $1,000. So, I'm sitting there on hold and my heart is racing and then I hear Kidd Kraddick's voice!

Click here if you want to see what happened!

This is the ironic thing about all this.... Like most grandparents, my Granny would always give me money here and there. She said she couldn't stand the thought of me doing without. Well, today would have been her birthday. I can't help but think that Granny had a little something to do with it :) Love and miss you Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment