Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Guest Bathroom: Cabinet Hardware

There's been one thing that I've been wanting for quite some time now.....POWER TOOLS!!! How can I do all these future DIY projects without power tools? I mentioned this to my dad and he had an extra one laying around so he gave me this! *I'm hearing Tim, the Tool Man, Taylor chanting in my ear.*



The last project of my guest bathroom was to add cabinet hardware (which is why I needed a drill.) I truly believe that hardware can make a space. It's an essential accessory....like jewelry! Cabinets look unfinished without them, much like a person does without that perfect statement necklace or earrings. Unfortunately, most builders these days do not add cabinet hardware so they can shed a little off the cost of building. So yes, I still have to add it to the cabinets in my kitchen and master bath as well.


I had never used a drill before so my friend Damon came over one night and showed me how to use it. We first went to Lowe's to buy a drill bit. Dum-Dum here, only bought one bit and not a set. So he showed me how to use it and one thing he told me to do to make the hole a little bigger was to "waller the hole". Well, I guess I wallered it too much because I broke it in half. Oops!



Then I had to go buy more drill bits. This time I got a set. Well, I got a little trigger happy with the drill again and nicked the drawer a little bit. Again.....oops!



I can fix that! Luckily, I have a stash of acrylic paint.



I took a Q-tip and dabbed it on there.



Good as new! Well, kinda. I was hoping it would look like one of the darker blemishes in the wood.



The final product!

Don't you LOVE them?


Well folks, I think that wraps up all of my guest bathroom projects, which means I finished it!!! Can I get a "Woot! Woot!" Well, I might add some cute contact paper to the drawers but I'll do that later (and show you, of course). Stay tuned for the COMPLETE tour and before and afters of the bathroom. I know you're so excited you can barely contain yourself!

The Office Quote of the Day:
I have sent out an Evite for our big grand opening pancake luncheon. Six yes's, one maybe, only eleven no's. Um, and seven hundred and eighty-eight not yet replied's. But of that group seven hundred and eighty-two have viewed it.
~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment