Saturday, December 31, 2011

Snowman ornament (even though Christmas is over)

Nothin like the holidays (and Pinterest) to bring out the crafting in ya!  I came across this on Pinterest and decided these would make some cute and easy gifts. 

Via

These were made with clear glass ornaments, fake snow, and a baby sock and ribbon for the hat.  I had to improvise a bit because I couldn't find any baby socks that would work.  I'll show you step by step how I made my little snowman.

I started off with a clear glass ornament.

Then I filled it with fake snow that I already had on hand.....and geez, it can be messy!

I found some sparkly silver string at the Hob Lob and tied it leaving the ugly knot hidden at the bottom.  I also hot-glued the knot in place so it wouldn't slide to the top.   Tippy was supervising to make sure I didn't mess up. 

So when I couldn't find the baby sock, I went to Hobby Lobby and while I was in the gift bag section, I found these small drawstring pouches.  Perfect!

All I did was cut the drawstring off and cut a couple of inches off of the end that was sewn together.

Then I slid the "hat" in place and hot-glued it to the ornament all around. 

I tied a ribbon and he was starting to come to life, well as much as you can come to life without a face. 

Ahhh, much better!  A couple of paint pens later and he's Frosty's new little cousin!
I only planned on making two of these but I may or may not have dropped one and had to make a third one.  That was NOT a fun mess to clean up with all that fake snow.  Ughh.

No comments:

Post a Comment