Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A 40th Birthday Party! (AKA My Sister is Old)

A couple months ago, my sister turned the big 4-0 so I tried to plan a little surprise party for her but it didn't exactly go as planned.  We were wanting to surprise her by having some family come from 3 hours away but thanks to the snow that weekend, it didn't happen.  So it was just our immediate family but she appreciated the thought.  

We ate at Jack Fry's the night before so on this night, we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant El Torazo where the staff knows us and it's ok if we get a bit rowdy.  I came up with an excuse to leave early and just meet them there so that I could decorate the table. 


I put some birthday gifts on the table, like a tiara with 40 on it, a bottle of wine and a mug I made her. 


Let's take a closer look at the mug, shall we?  I drew 40 Sucks on a mug in a sharpie, baked it so that the marker wouldn't come off and added in her favorite cinnamon suckers.  


Of course I had to get a video of her walking in. 



And here are the VanHoose chicks.


Even though the surprise party didn't turn out as planned, it was still a fun night.  How can it not be when you're at a Mexican restaurant with margaritas and good company?  HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY, SHAUNA!!  #yourold

No comments:

Post a Comment