Sunday, March 24, 2013

Organize Scrapbook Paper: CHECK!

I have some updates to share with you but I wanted to get this post out of the way first.  Unfortunately, the two posts I'm excited to share with you are not craft room related.  BUT you will be happy to hear that progress has been made and it's possible that I might give birth to this little craft room prematurely.  If you're sitting there wondering what I'm talking about when I say I'm giving birth to a craft room, click here to read that post.  If you remember, my due date is October 9th.  I'll give you an update at the end of my first trimester which is April 9th.  Am I going a little to far with this whole "giving birth" analogy?  I can't help it.  With my first nephew (yes, we just found out it's a boy) baking in my sister-in-law's uterus right now, I have baby on the brain!  

So moving on, here's a quick little post about how I organized my scrapbook paper.  I don't have an abundant amount of scrapbook paper, so I didn't need some elaborate paper station to organize everything.

Before I tackled this little project, I stashed my random sheets in with these pads of scrapbook paper. 


I also had an IKEA box that I kept more paper in, along with some other supplies...like stickers, stamps, paper cutter and God knows what else.  Horrible, I know.


So as I was strolling the aisles in Hobby Lobby, I came across this.


It's an expandable scrapbook paper file that hold 12 x 12 sheets so I thought it was just what I needed.  I tore out all my sheets that were in those 2 pads of scrapbook paper that I showed you in the first picture, organized all of my paper by color, and put them in the slots from darkest to lightest.  Then I put all of my stickers in the front which you see in the picture below.  You'll notice, there are tabs at the top to label the slots but I haven't decided if I'm going to use them or not because it is already so easy to see what I have. 


This turned out to be a great little organizer!  I bought it a few months ago so I can't remember exactly how much it was.  I'm thinking it was in the $14-$16 range, but with the 40% off coupon, it was under 10 bucks.  The good thing about this is you could use this for other things too and not just scrapbook paper.  You could organize larger 8x10 or 5x7 photos or magazines or anything else that needs to be filed in a stylish accordion file.  

I've got a busy week coming up so I'm not sure when I'll get around to showing you all the updates that I'm so excited to share.  Let me just say that my Dad was involved in these two updates so you know it's got to be good!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment