Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm gonna be a HOMEOWNER!!

I've been looking forward to the day that I could post a blog about being a homeowner! I haven't really talked too much about me searching for a home because I thought I might jinx myself. At first I was looking at a house. I wasn't too fond of the area and it needed some cosmetic work but it was only 3 years old. I put an offer on it but it wasn't accepted and deep inside I was glad but I was in such a hurry to find SOMETHING because A) my roommate was moving out at the end of April and B) I wanted that $8,000 tax credit! So then we started looking at duplexes. Luckily, there was one right up the street from where I live now that had one side vacant. So my dad and brother came and checked out the place and they really liked it. The next morning, we made an offer and by 6pm that day, we found out that it was accepted! They didn't even counter my offer! It's funny how things just fall right into place. My closing is April 28th so I hope to be moved in by the first of the month. The building is a ranch (Yay! No stairs!), 3 bedrooms, 3 walk-in closets, 2 full baths, a whirlpool tub in the master bath and an open floor plan. Another plus is that it is 0.18/mile from where I live now!

Home Sweet Home






I can't wait until I can add my own touch and show some "after" pics!

A huge THANK YOU to my dad and brother for ALL of their help on this process. There is no way that I could have done this without them. It helps to have a brother that is a loan officer(with an awesome realtor) and a dad that won't sign off on something that isn't up to par for one of his kids. He only wants the best for me and he said several times over the weekend that he was so happy that I ended up with this place.....that makes me very happy :)

If you are in the process of buying a house or refinacing your home, contact my brother, Casey VanHoose! He works with My Mortgage Pro in Lexington. He just saved my cousin $400 a month on her mortgage. He's the best! ;)

The Office Quote of the Day:

Oscar: I'm sorry you're offended by my shoes but I'm not going to drive home to change.

Toby: I can loan you a pair of socks.

Oscar: No.

Toby: No, they're clean. I was going to wear them to volleyball practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment