Saturday, May 22, 2010

29 baby!

Guess what! It's my birthday! I'm actually looking forward to today. I took the morning off so that I can get a morning run in because I see lots of calories coming my way! Yes, I made fun of my sister for working out on her birthday but I understand why now. I just feel so guilty about not working out. After that, I'm hoping I can treat myself to a mani/pedi before I head into work this afternoon. Tonight will consist of fun people, mexican food and margaritas!....3 of my most favorite things!

In honor of my 29th birthday, I am going to give YOU a treat.....29 things about ME! So here we go.....

1. I'm kinda nervous about doing this post. Hoping that I can think of enough interesting facts about me so that I don't bore you to death.

2. My birthday is the day after my mom's. I was the best birthday present she ever received, if you ask me ;)

3. I was named after Shari Lewis, the girl in that old tv show Lambchops. My dad found my middle name (Dane) in the TV guide.

4. The fact that my dad still calls me the baby makes me smile :)

5. I LOVE Mexican food and margaritas!...and this is an understatement. Have you ever finished you're meal and before you even leave the restaurant, you're already thinking about when you're going to get to eat there again?....I have!

6. When I eat a meal, I only eat one thing at a time....unless it's Mexican.....then I mix it all together.

7. I hate having clutter. I will never have tons of opened bottles of lotion, candles, shampoo, etc. If I begin using one bottle of lotion, I will use it until I cannot get another drop out and then I throw it away and open up the next bottle. Preferably a small bottle so that I can use it up quickly and throw it away and go to the next, and so on and so on.

8. I am soooo indecisive! Especially when it comes to home decor. It took me 2 years to find a table lamp.

9. My feet are ticklish. But I love my pedicures! I just have to think about other things when they touch the "hehehe" parts of my feet.

10. When I use a public restroom, I have a bad habit of unbuttoning my pants before I even get to the stall. I guess that's from living alone and then moving in with your best friend.

11. Most of my smiles come from watching my precious chihuahua, Tippy. It's amazing how much you can love a 5 pound, black, furry thing.

12. I love water and that's mainly what I drink. However, I've gotten into the habit of having a diet coke in the afternoons at work to give me a little pick-me-up. Then 3 hours later, I start getting the shakes. My body still isn't use to caffeine.

13. Things that I believe go hand-in-hand: Diet coke and chocolate. Beer and greasy food. It goes without saying...Mexican food and margaritas.

14. I drink water upside down to get rid of my hiccups....works every time!

15. My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing.

16. My picture was on David Letterman....and yes, he made a joke about it.

17. I enjoy going to the dentist because he always compliments me on how perfect me teeth are. Never had a cavity or braces. I don't know how because I was that kid that would wet my toothbrush so my mom would THINK that I brushed them. Thank God it didn't come back and bite me.

18. I still have a baby tooth. It never had a permanent tooth form underneath it.

19. I'm a soap opera junkie. I have watched All My Children every day (unless my VCR, now DVR, didn't record it) since I was in elementary school. Then I started watching One Life to Live about 5 years ago when One Life to Live and All My Children did a crossover storyline. Yes, I got sucked in and I'm sure that was the only reason they did that! Btw, why do they call it a soap opera? It has nothing to do with soap or glass-shattering singing.

20. The smell of broccoli makes me wanna gag.

21. I'm not a huge fan of fruity hard candy. If I'm going to waste my calories on something sugary, I want chocolate.

22. I do not like to cook. If I want to eat, I want to eat right then. Not take 30 min to a hour to fix it. I think I would starve to death if it weren't for Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones.

23. I love light vanilla soy milk. Tastes so much better in your cereal than skim milk.

24. I still sleep with a teddy bear that my Nonny and Papaw gave me for Christmas when I was 5 years old. It came with a matching nightgown.....don't worry I don't have that anymore. I'm pretty sure I outgrew it. The teddy bear never leaves my bed so I never travel with it because 1) I'd be afraid I would leave it somewhere and 2) it's not the coolest thing to pack a 24 year old teddy bear everywhere you go.

25. I was a VERY picky eater when I was little and my brother was just as bad as I was. When we would have our big Christmas family gatherings with tons and tons of food, my Nonny would have to fix us a frozen pizza.

26. I wrecked/totaled my car 3 winters in a row. All 3 were in Lexington on Man O War Blvd. or within a 1/2 mile from Man O War.

27. I have seen Justin Timberlake in concert 4 times.

28. I am really liking lime green and turquoise right now.

29. I am going to try my best to enjoy the last year of my 20's. Next year is a biggun'!

The Office Quote of the Day:
It does not matter to me at all whether this baby is biologically mine. I am going to love it. It's like when the dog nurses the tiger cub. Have you seen that video? It is - it's so bizarre and unnatural. But it - it happens.
~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment