Saturday, May 8, 2010

Run a 5K: Check!

I know this about a week overdue but I've had internet problems so I apologize for the delay.....

Never would have I thought that almost 5 1/2 months ago when I said that I wanted to run a 5k that it would actually turn into "I'm training to run a 5k" and then "I ran a 5k!" I've had many shoulda, coulda, wouldas in my life so I can't believe I actually did it! There's NO WAY that I could've done it without the help of my cousin Steve, who sent me a training schedule and even though he lives in West Virgina, he would occasionally check up on me and see how I was doing and give me a quick boot in the ass of motivation! I have to say that if you're searching for a good first 5k to run in, the Girl Scout's Thin Mint Sprint is the perfect race! A) There are tons of little kids which makes it less intimidating and B) There will be a box of Thin Mints waiting on you at the finish line!

And I'm off!!

Almost to the finish line

My motivation: Thin Mints at the finish line :)

End result

After the race, I headed to Paintsville to spend Mommy's Day with my mom. We did what we do every Saturday night....ate at El Azul's and had their yummy margaritas. Then we headed home and I made one of my new favorite drinks, a Dreamsicle. Remember those orange Push-up popsicles you ate when you were a kid? It tastes like that but has a little "twist".

Dreamsicle

2 oz. orange juice

2 oz. half and half

1 oz. Grand Marnier

1 oz. Amaretto

Fill with ice and shake

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment