Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blankets, Bibs, and Blocks....Oh My!

You may not remember but earlier this year, I mentioned that I was working on some craft projects that I would eventually show you. I was making them as baby gifts for one of my good friends and I couldn't post them on here until I gave them to her. Well, several things have come up and I JUST sent them to her even though I finished them several months ago. I know, I'm horrible! But I guess better late than never, huh?

Her and her husband race cars so I wanted to incorporate some type of "car" theme. She was using a color scheme in his bedroom that was mainly primary colors so I was pleased with the fabrics that I found.

This is a small blanket (about 15"x15") with ribbons that he can play with. The white fabric on the back is super soft so he can cuddle with it.


This is similar to the blanket above except it's much smaller (about 4"x4") and I sewed a crinkly plastic bag inside so that it makes noise when he plays with it.

How cute is this little turtle bib?

And this crab bib?

Finally, I made these soft buidling blocks with his initials in checkerboard fabric to go along with the race car theme. I added several bells in each block so he can shake (and hopefully not annoy his mommy and daddy).

I've received word that he's already been playing with his blocks and that makes me oh-so-happy! As of right now, I don't have many sewing projects planned anytime soon but I've been brainstorming some DIY projects that I want to do in my new house. So that's what you have to look forward to in the world of The Crafty Bachelorette! :-)

The Office Quote of the Day:
Michael: What the hell is that?
Phylis: It's the only gavel I could find.
Michael: It squeaks when you bang it - that's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment