Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nice to meet you, Mac-daddy!

I'm not one that likes to make big purchases but I pretty much had no choice. A few years ago, I was in car wreck (and the year before that and the year before that) but anyway, that's not the point. Thanks to that last wreck not being my fault for a change, I just received a lovely settlement check! I really wanted to put it back and save it but there's something that I needed pretty desperately.

Do you notice anything wrong with the hinges of my laptop?


Call me crazy, but I don't think a laptop is supposed to lay flat like that.


Would you believe that I still use this thing? In case you're wondering how, I have to sit on the love seat, with a pillow propped up behind it and a pillow behind my back so that my arms can reach it since I can't put it on my lap. Because I can't put it on my lap, my neck injuries from my wreck bother me even more because I have to tilt my head forward and down to type.

Tippy is acting as my fill-in. I took her to the vet yesterday and even though she gained almost a full pound within the last year (fatty), she's still not quite big enough to give an accurate demonstration.


Not only is it staying together by just a cord, but I'm waiting any day for it to implode with a nasty virus and lose all my photos. Heaven forbid! So when I got my settlement check, I knew what I had to buy.

All hail THE APPLE!


I almost forgot what it was like to be able to actually put a laptop in your lap and not have to prop it up with a pillow!


If you're wondering which one I got, I just got a basic MacBook. One reason, I didn't need the most fancy shmancy thing out there like the MacBook Air and I really didn't need all the extra features that the MacBook Pro offered. Even better, I ordered it from Amazon and got it cheaper than what it was priced in the Apple Store. I'm already in love with it and honored to be writing this blog on it....while sitting it in my lap.....without my neck hurting. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment