Sunday, May 15, 2011

What about that 30 by 30??

I interrupt this Crafty Bachelorette blog with a non-craft related post. Your regularly scheduled crafty posts and Tippy Tuesdays will return after this important message.

You may remember about 6 months ago when I mentioned here that I was going to lose 30 pounds by the time I reach my 30th birthday. Well...umm....my 30th birthday is in 10 days and I'm not exactly close to reaching my 30 by 30. So here's the deal. I said that I was going to lose the weight by doing P90X, well realistically that would be almost impossible to do because you build soooo muuuuuch muscle with P90X. I followed the workout (not the diet) pretty religiously throughout the whole month of November but then I got busy with Christmas get-togethers and all that fun stuff and failed to stick to it. It's a very time consuming workout program! I had a hard time finding the time to get it all in. And the diet? Well, it was just ridiculous! It must be designed for those that do not work. I mean, who has time to whip up a shrimp stir-fry for lunch? Not I! I will say that the workouts I did were really good workouts and I pop one in every once in a while but I just don't have time for Tony Horton 6-7 days a week. Sorry Tony.

So March rolled around and I was like "Ok Shari, you gotta do sumthin'!" My mom has been on a diet since January called the 17 Day Diet and she's lost about 33 pounds. So I ordered my book from Amazon and starting reading up on it. There are 3 cycles of 17 days but I only made it through 2 cycles without cheating and then Easter weekend happened. In the first 17 days, you're supposed to lose 10-12 pounds. Well, this chick only lost 6.8 pounds. I could not understand why the weight wasn't falling off of me like it was with everybody else! It's needless to say that I was a very grumpy person during the first 17 days. I feel so bad for the girls I work with for having to put up with me. It was just so frustrating that I was following this diet to a T and not getting the results. I can't forget to mention that I was on this diet during the NCAA tournament and did not even have one beer or the homemade red velvet cupcakes that were made for the big game. I didn't know I had that much will power! After the end of the 17 days, my mom and I were shopping and we came across this super cute springy jacket but the cheapo I am, I didn't want to spend that much money on it. So my mom said that she would buy the jacket for me if I completed the second cycle of 17 days but if I cheated, the jacket was hers. Well, you can guess which route I decided to take! I love my new jacket :)

So after Easter, I decided that I was going to get back on the diet but there were a few occasions coming up where I knew I would be cheating: Brittany's Totally 80's 30th Birthday Party, Cinco de Mayo (Yay Mexico!), Oaks, and Derby. And boy did I cheat! So when I blow it on the weekends, I usually spend the week after getting it back off. I'm not following the diet as strict as I was. If I go out for pizza and beer with the girls then, by-golly, I'm gonna have pizza and beer with the girls. But I've learned to not stuff myself and tell myself to stop when I'm full. As of right now, I've lost about 12 pounds. Even though it isn't exactly 30 pounds, I'm already looking better at 30 than I did at 29 (even though I'm still technically 29). Hopefully by the end of the summer, I will look better than I did at 27! Whoa, I'm not used to having such a positive outlook on myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment