Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pixel-y Piece of Paint Swatch Art

Thanks to Pinterest (once again!) I fell in love with all that fabulous art out there made from paint samples.  Here are just a few of my favorites.....

Via


Via

I absolutely looooooove this one. 

Via

Then there's this one that I thought was super cool. 

Via
After seeing this one, I thought perhaps I could do something like this (but not quite to this scale).  I'm not much of a floral girl but I am a chihuahua girl!  Well I'm not REALLY a chihuahua....but you know what I mean.  I thought maybe I could just print out a silhouette of a chihuahua and lay out my paint samples with the blues/teals being the chihuahua and the greens/yellows in the background. 


After a long time of punching out all these 1 inch squares, I couldn't quite lay out the squares in the shape of a recognizable chihuahua.  So what did I do next? I kept them laying out on my kitchen table for weeks until I was forced to bag them up while I was cleaning because I had people coming over.

After months had passed, I figured that I had to do SOMETHING with them so I pulled them back out and just started laying them out.  



And ended up with this.


Not exactly what I had in mind but I had to do something with them (like....now) because....well, I can't tell you just yet.  I know, I'm such a (fill in the blank).  I'm sorry.  I personally think it looks a little better in person because the colors seem to look more blended.  I trickled in a couple of green swatches in with the blues and a couple of blues in with the green so I wouldn't end up with distinct line dividing up the blues from the greens.  So there ya have it!  A 10x13 pixel-y piece of paint swatch art.  I still have a whole bunch of squares left over.  Who knows what I'll end up doing with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment