Monday, October 29, 2012

Cooking Challenge...Pinterest Style: Nacho Jack-o-Lantern Cheese Ball

I'm back with another Cooking Challenge!  This time, it was for my sister-in-law's 3rd annual murder mystery birthday party.  When I saw the recipe, I was all over it like Kristen Stewart on her director.  It's basically like a Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell.  Sidenote: How fun is it to say "Doritos Locos Tacos" in a Spanish accent?  Just try it.  Fun, huh?  

Via Cooking Channel

So yes, that outer layer is crushed Doritos.  Click here for the full recipe.  It was super easy!

And if you're interested in how mine turned out....here she is!


In true Shari-fashion, I left out an ingredient.  Not kidding.  After I formed the cheese ball in a pretty pumpkin shape and I was cleaning up my mess, I saw the jar of salsa hiding under a Wal-Mart bag.  It was just 2 tablespoons of salsa so I wasn't about to reshape my pretty ball for 2 tablespoons of salsa.  Now...if I had left out the jalapenos, oh heck yes, I would tear that thing up faster than you can say Speedy Gonzales.

Using my rating scale:
1 - Dear recipe, RIP. Laters, Shari
2 - I'll cook it again....if I'm cooking for someone I don't like.
3 - Eh, if I already have the ingredients, I may whip it up.
4 - I like you, but I'm not in love with you.
5 - Get in my belly! 
I give the Nacho Jack-o-Lantern Cheese Ball a.......4
It had a great taste to it but I think it would be even better if it had salsa added to it.  It was a little hard but then again, I think it would have been softer if I added the salsa.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment