Friday, October 12, 2012

I decorated for fall.....y'all!

Well, it's fall and I usually don't do much decorating except maybe a wreath.  This year, I thought I'd add a couple more things to my fall decor since fall is my favorite season.  Don't get too excited.  I promise I didn't go all out.  

I started out with this measly little centerpiece.  I just dumped out all the balls, added some raffia, fake leaves and gourds and called it a day.  Nothing special.  I wanted to go out and find some cool branches but never got a chance to since I don't live in a forestry neighborhood.  


Moving on to the bar.  This is a new addition to my house.  I'm still on the market for a mirror above it and a tall, skinny lamp or maybe even a pair of lamps.  It's still a work in progress but I like the fall decor I added to it.  I already had the silver vase and the things coming out of it came from the Dollar Tree.....yep, el cheapo! 


If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you probably saw this one already.  I snatched this up at Kroger for just a few dollars as soon as they had their Halloween stuff out.  The best $4 I ever spent!


On the other side, I threw this pic of Tippy in a frame.  This was her first Halloween photo shoot and I'm pretty sure it's my fave.  She already had all of the makings of a bat: teeth, ears....black.  All she needed were wings and she was all set!  The photographers still talk about this costume!  


Moving on to outside.....I whipped up a wreath for super cheap as well.  I bought the wreath at Hobby Lobby and everything I added to it either came from Dollar Tree or I already had.  Yeah, everything probably cost a total of 7 or 8 bucks.  


Then I had to do something with my pots outside.  I absolutely love love love mums but since I'm not so good with that whole watering thing, I thought I would go easy on myself and buy some faux pumpkins at Hobby Lobby (at 40% off), glue them on top of each other, add some raffia and be done with it!



Easy enough!  Wow.  With all these fall decorations, I may have to go out and buy a storage bin specifically for fall decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment