Saturday, January 16, 2010

When did my dad get HIS design degree???

So my mom (of all people) was telling me about this dance that happened on Oprah so I HAD to look it up on youtube. It's crazy how this dance filled the entire crowd on Michigan Avenue. The best part is Oprah's expression!





I went home to Paintsville this weekend for the main purpose of seeing what kind of damage my dad had done with the downstairs kitchen renovations. I have been on edge for the past week. I called home last weekend and my parents broke the news to me that dad had started this remodeling project and had already picked out all of the paint and countertops WITHOUT MY APPROVAL! Yes, I know it's their house but I'm the one that graduated with a degree in interior design! Ok, so maybe my current job has absolutely nothing to do with interior design but that's even more reason to use my skills.....simply the mere fact of knowing that his money putting me through college wasn't a complete waste! I picked out everything for the upstairs kitchen and everyone that sees it thinks it's gorgeous! So why wouldn't they want my help with the other kitchen? I was going to take "before pictures" but it was smack dab in the middle of the renovations that you couldn't even tell what it really looked like "before." As for his selections, they weren't half bad! I actually picked out that exact countertop for a co-worker who asked for my help a couple of years ago. As for the paint...it's ok. The color of the cabinets is throwing me off a bit but he's doing a glaze on the cabinets and I think it's going to help tie it all together. We found some really nice tile for the floor that I think will look pretty good with it so hopefully the end product won't be as bad as what I had imagined in my head *fingers crossed*!

Tippy loves cuddling with Scotty (not necessarily the other way around).

The Office Quote of the Day:

"When Michael told us that Jan was pregnant, he led us to believe that he was the father. By telling us that he was the father."

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment