Thursday, January 14, 2010

When it rains...it pours :(

I wanted to start this whole blog thing to be funny and lighthearted which is why I never thought my second blog would be so sad. But this has been a rough week and that's all that's on my mind right now. It all started exactly one week ago on January 7th. I woke up knowing it was going to be a rough day because five years ago on that day, I lost my Granny. Later on that afternoon at work, our director gathered us all together to tell us that one of our co-workers, Bobby Spurlock, was found dead in his apartment....and one of our other co-workers found him. His funeral was today in Morehead but I couldn't make myself go....but for other reasons. Six years ago, one of my best friends growing up died in a car accident and her funeral was at the exact same funeral as his. I haven't been to that funeral home since and I don't know if I ever will. I still have some unresolved issues that I'm dealing with when it comes to her and I don't think I would have been able to go to that same funeral home. I was afraid that my mind would be somewhere else and I wouldn't want to take that away from Bobby. At the same time, I felt like I needed to go because it still doesn't seem real to me that he's gone. I wouldn't see him very often at work. Sometimes he'd be traveling, outside smoking all the time or just not at work at all so it's not unusual that I haven't seen him in the last week. Going to his funeral would have been the only thing to make it real for me but my mind would have been somewhere else.

THEN this evening, a co-worker called and said another co-worker got into a really bad accident on her way home from work this evening. She got hit head-on. I just got word that her pelvis is out of place (or broken or something) and she broke some ribs. I'm praying for her and wishing her a speedy recovery!

On a lighter note, today is my sister's birthday! I won't say how old she is because she'd probably kill me...but before she'd kill me, she would remind me how people think she is my YOUNGER sister. Errrr!...wrong answer, try again.

Ok, so I guess I need to go pay attention to my dog. She's throwing her toys up in the air then running from them like they're supposed to catch her. Poor thing....she is obviously attention deprived.

The Office Quote of the Day:

"Okay, Dwight, let me explain something to you. I set the rules and you follow them blindly, okay? And if you have a problem with that, then you can talk to our complaint department. It's a trashcan."

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment