Sunday, December 19, 2010

I don't like it when student workers have to grow up :(

Friday was a very bittersweet day. It was sweet because it was our last day of work for 2 whole weeks! BUT we couldn't truly enjoy it because we were saying goodbye to Kelli and Joli, 2 of the best student workers we've ever had! Kelli has been with us for 2 1/2 years and she's leaving us to do her student teaching next semester. Joli didn't work directly with us but she was still a part of our team and would always pitch in if we needed an extra hand. She's been with us for a little over 3 years. These 2 girls are just so cute and have been friends long before working together and we are so sad that they are actually leaving. We always talked about the day they were going to have to leave us but we didn't expect it to happen so soon! I seriously don't think we will ever be able to replace them. Let's just say there was LOTS of crying!

Joli and Kelli


Kelli has Christmas spirit :)


On Wednesday, we had our Christmas party and also celebrated Kelli and Joli and surprised them with some gifts. Joli got a "teacher bag" and gift certificate to get it monogrammed. Did I mention she's getting married? Well she is, so something tells me she's gonna have her new initials monogrammed. :)


Since Kelli is getting her degree in Family and Consumer Sciences (back in our day they called it home ec.), I thought it would be appropriate to make her an apron. Yes, I made it.....more on that later. But seriously, isn't she just the cutest!

To Kelli and Joli.....I cannot explain how much you two are going to be missed. You have been such great workers and it's going to be so hard to come back in January and not see you. I mean, who's gonna help me keep Cindy in line? Or find a new hiding spot for "the egg"? It just WILL NOT be the same without. You had better come and visit all the time so you can keep us in the loop on anything new your lives. I am refusing to say goodbye.....all I'll say is I'll see you later. Love you bunches! P.S. Stop crying.....again.

No comments:

Post a Comment