Thursday, December 30, 2010

Apron #2, just for you! No, not you....for Kelli!

As promised, I'm going to give you the deets on the apron I made from this post. If you remember, this isn't the first apron I've made. You can see the first one here and it was a lot more time consuming and a lot more difficult to make....but then again, it was my first real sewing project.

So like I said, I made this apron for our student worker who was leaving us to do her student teaching as a Family and Consumer Science teacher. So what perfect gift to give her than an apron made by yours truly :) I gotta say, I was kinda nervous about this because A) I hadn't pulled out my sewing machine in almost a year and B) her and her mom are REALLY good at sewing and I knew mine would have several flaws. I mean, her mom whipped out an elaborate Nemo costume for her nephew like it was nothin! So the stakes were high here folks.

Anyway, I picked up a kit from Hobby Lobby that had all the pieces ready to cut out and sew. What made the apron too cute to pass up were the accessories that came along with it...a pearl necklace to attach and a rhinestone buckle. It was so cute and so is Kelli so I had to get it!

This is what I started out with.


I pinned the flounce to the apron and started sewing. (Sorry for the crappy pics, I had to use my phone.)


After taking care of the edges and attaching all the pieces, I ended up with this.


I definitely had some bumps in the road (remember, it was a year before I had sewn anything) but I managed to take care of it. The box says it only takes about 2 hours but I have no shame in admitting that it took me quite a bit longer than just 2 hours. It may not have been perfect but it was made with love <3

The Office Quote of the Day:
I have made a list of people that I would make out with before I would make out with Michael Scott. A turtle, a fridge, anybody from the warehouse...a wood chipper, Kevin, a candle, and Lord Voldemort. Anyway, happy birthday, Michael.
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment