Thursday, June 16, 2011

My birthday present = Tippy's present

While I was getting my new TV installed, something else was getting installed at the same time....a new storm door!

Yes, my awesome dad, who I might have mentioned a time or two can do anything, came up and installed a storm door for me for my birthday present. That's the one thing I asked for my birthday....a storm door with a doggy door so Tippy can come and go as she pleases and I don't have to get up all the time and let her out cuz I'm THAT lazy. Wait....when did MY birthday presents start revolving around a 6 pound fur ball?

And in case you're wondering, the door did not come with the doggy door built into it. My dad didn't like any of those doors so he found a door that met his approval (it had to have a deadbolt what was secure and safe enough for myself and his spoiled grand-dog). Then we bought a doggy door and he cut a hole in the door and installed the doggy door. It wasn't as quick of a process as he figured it would be. In the words of my Granny, "Bless his heart!"

It took Tippy a day or two to really get used to it but she finally mastered it and has gotten pretty graceful, might I add. Here are a couple action shots....



And when she's not busy going in and out of her new found freedom, she's doing a little bit of this...


And a little bit of this....


So I have to tell you....I've always said Tippy wasn't the sharpest needle in my sewing box but she's starting to prove me wrong. Pre-storm door, I would always stand at the door and watch Tippy go pee pee and poo poo (which you can see here) then if she did her business, she would get a treat. Well, since she now goes on her own freewill and I'm not watching her, she's realized that she's not getting as many treats. So there have been times that she sits in front of the TV, stares at me and even whines! I tell her to go on outside and she will not go until I physically get up, stand by the door and watch her potty. Then she prances back in the door saying "I get a treat! I get a treat! I got Mommy off her lazy @$$ and I get a treeeeaatt!" Ok maybe she didn't say the dirty word but she said everything else. She knows she'd get a whoopin' and get her stinky mouth washed out with soap if she uses that foul language!

No comments:

Post a Comment