Tuesday, November 13, 2012

An Ode to Mila....but not Kunis

Here's one you can file under I-meant-to-blog-about-this-4-months-ago.  My friend, Karmen had a baby back in June and I decided to let The Crafty Bachelorette come out and whip out a gift.  Maybe I shouldn't say "whip it out" because that makes it sounds like it didn't take much time.....but it did.  Like I did in this post, I drew out the design on graph paper (sorry, forgot to take photos).  I bought a book of some fonts and I had to decide what fonts I wanted to use based on how bold they were and how many stitches tall and wide it would end up being.  I wouldn't want the baby's weight and length to be a bigger font than her name!  Most of the fonts I used from the book but there were some that I created on my own.  I wish I could remember which fonts I created but since I made it 4 months ago, I really can't remember.  Sad, I know.  I'm thinking it was the line with the weight and length then the font in blue that says "Proud Parents".  I really didn't think it was going to take as long as it did but I didn't mind it because I was making it for someone else and gee, I sure do miss cross-stitching! 


I know it doesn't photgraph well so in case you can't read it, it says:
Mila Katherine (I love that name)
June 15, 2012 5:49pm
7lbs 8oz  20.5 inches
Proud Parents Karmen + Travis


Here's a better close up.


And here is a pic she posted on Facebook that shows it hanging in the nursery.  I love the yellow matting with the blue walls. 


And if you're wondering, I was able to get in to see the nursery beforehand and took some pics of the bedding and pulled out all of the colors from it. 

I think it turned out pretty....But not as pretty as that baby she popped out.  I swear, she makes some of the prettiest babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment