Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guest Bathroom: The Complete Tour

I promised you all a complete tour of my guest bathroom once it was completed so here you go!

I'll start off by showing you the shower curtain I was dealing with. I've had this shower curtain for a couple of years and there's nothing wrong with it so instead of spending money on something that I really don't HAVE to buy (like I usually do), I just used the same curtain. My brother/financial advisor should be so proud! Anyway, back to the shower curtain. The camera didn't pick up the colors real well but it's actually brown and a light bluish-greenish color instead of brown and tan. I usually don't dig traditional prints like this but I LOVE mixing traditional with modern elements.....You'll see what I mean later ;)


Bathroom Before. I like to call the paint color "Builder Blah."


Bathroom After! Muuuuuuch better!


Towel rack before.


Towel rack after. The colors are kinda deceiving. The top towel is actually almost identical to the paint color but it looks like it clashes in the pic. I promise it doesn't!


Just recently I showed you the (not so smooth) process of adding the cabinet hardware. Here it is before.....


And after.....


On with the details! Below are the pictures that I blogged about previously. Click here so you can read about how I came up with the brilliant idea to take pics of my dog peeing and pooping.


You may have seen the blog where I talked about buying my adorable bathroom appropriate wall art.


One essential thing that I think everyone needs to have in their bathroom is a basket or some type of toilet paper storage right beside the toilet.

I hate the feeling of looking over and seeing an empty roll after you've already done your business. It reminds me of a song my mom taught me when I was little.

Stranded, stranded on the bathroom bowl. What do you do when you're stranded and you don't have a roll?

To this day, I still sing this song. Anytime I find myself "stranded" I sing it to the top of my lungs until someone brings me a roll. Then I began living by myself..... Hence, the reason for the toilet paper storage.

Let's move on to the sink area.


What's a guest bathroom without goodies for your guests?


I found this round glass bowl at TJ Maxx and put some necessities for any guests that might come to visit. The only things I bought were the washcloths and the bar of soap. I got the tube of toothpaste in my goodie bag from the dentist. The body wash came in another freebie. The little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was abducted during a stay at a hotel. Several times a year I have to travel for work and we stay at the Holiday Inn quite often. The number one reason why I love Holiday Inn is they have Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena products! FYI, the Mariott has really good travel size products too. I must admit that I am that person that if I stay at a hotel multiple nights, I will sweep all of these wonderful bottles into my bag before housekeeping comes so that they will lay out more. :) It's such an easy and cheap way to make your quests feel welcome!

What are those white pieces of gorgeousness in the corner?


Let's take a closer look. These are another fab purchase from TJ Maxx. I just love the waffle texture on these!


Well, that's the complete tour! Yes, I have been in my new house for 6 1/2 months and I have only finished 1 room!.....the smallest at that. I think my next project is to paint my bedroom. I have the color picked out and let me give you a little teaser and say that it is a bold color choice but I'm pretty excited about. Painting a good-size bedroom with 9 foot ceilings.....I'm not so excited about. Help is always welcome ;)
The Office Quote of the Day:

Charles: You know, Michael, I don't need to know everyone's sexual history.

Michael: Well, perfect, because we have now arrived at Kevin and he has no sexual history.

No comments:

Post a Comment