Monday, January 10, 2011

Master Bedroom: Phase 1....Paint, Headboard, and Nightstands. Oh my!

So I realized that I painted my bedroom about 2 months ago and never showed you the dramatic difference. And I never showed you how my headboard looked mounted to the wall either. Keep in mind, this is still phase 1 of Mission: Bedroom.

The HORRID before with late 1980s black, lacquered headboard with adjacent nightstand and vanity.

Everything is soooo black. The black, fur duvet is new so it's stayin'. I usually like color but if you recall, I have a little K9 that is also black and furry so I had to snatch it up! No sign of Tippy hair anywhere. Yes, I'm that person that buys duvets to match her dog. Sue me.

The first phase of the after with new mirrored nightstands and the headboard I made.


Here's a close-up of the nightstands. I still have lamps and small accessories to add to them but they make a WORLD of difference.

So, be honest....what do you think of the color? I'm going for color on the wall and everything else black, white, silver/gray, and SHINY!

So as I mentioned in my list, I have several other things to do to this room. Add lamps, buy new throw pillows (I have my eye on one on Etsy), turn the current snow leopard fur pillows into a throw, dress up the dresser (which I didn't show you here), hang window treatments, buy/make wall art. I think that was everything! Sorry but this process has been a whole heckuva lot longer than expected.

The Office Quote of the Day:

My goal is to make this office as peaceful a place for Stanley Hudson as I can. And I think sounds have a lot to do with that. Here are some downloaded peaceful sounds. That one makes me think of death. Its kind of nice.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment