Sunday, August 7, 2011

Look what's going on next door


Yep! It looks like I'm gonna be getting some new neighbors. I can't say that I'm too excited about it. One reason being, it's always been pretty peaceful where I live because I have a great renter on the other side of me, empty lots directly across the street and an empty lot beside me....until now. The other reason is, well, no matter how long I let my grass get, it always looked great next to an overgrown lot.

I noticed that when they plowed down the lot, they left some of those overgrown weeds. Does this mean that these are on my side of the property line? An even better question.....am I gonna have to be the one to pull these??? If so, that is going to.....what's the word....SUCK! Why wouldn't they just go ahead and pull all of it? Seems a bit ridiculous to me. I may have to hire someone to do it for me. Either that, or bat my eye lashes a few times at some unlucky guy....or my daddy :)


They obviously haven't gotten around to plowing down the hill on the back of the property. I'll be interested to see how much they leave for me. You can't tell by the pic but these weeds are literally as tall as I am! While I get a scared that a snake is going to come out and bite me while I'm cutting my grass, it will be kinda sad to see this go because it has been the home of bunny rabbits and even a litter of stray cats. It's probably had more inhabitants but that's all I've seen.


So there are a couple of bright sides to all this. One, I noticed from the concrete slab that the duplex they're building has 2 bedrooms on each side. Since most college students rent a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment, hopefully I'll get a nice married couple or even better, an elderly person. The other bright side is half of the construction workers are Mexican....Holla! Maybe I should invite one in to whip up some chimichangas and margaritas. I even spotted one taking his shirt off....but it looked like he had a few too many chimichangas. Oh, my love for all things Mexican. That means you too, Tippy!

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I'm taking off work this week and I can already feel that it's gonna be a productive week. So keep an eye out for some posts! I'll try my best to not let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment